Covid-19 vaccination certificates to be repealed from the 1st of May 2022 onwards, Masks from June 2022 onwards.
Covid-19 vaccination and recovery certificates are no longer required for admission to bars, restaurants, cafes and other venues in Greece from the 1st of May 2022, as Health Minister Mr. Thanos Plevris has declared. However, he clarified that the measure is temporary and in the next days, the use of the European Covid Digital Certificate for entering Greece will be reconsidered. He also mentioned that relevant announcements are to be launched the next period. It has to be reminded that according to the current rules, travelers have to present their Covid vaccination or recovery certificates so as to be allowed to enter the country.
Covid-19 measures in Greece
- Admission to both indoor and outdoor venues will be allowed for everyone, without the presentation of vaccination or recovery certificates from 1st May 2022 until 31st August 2022.
- Self-tests are no longer required for students from 1st May 2022.
- Masks will be no longer mandatory from 1st June 2022.
- Unvaccinated employers will have to have one rapid test per week, instead of two, for their admission to their workplace from 1st May 2022.
- All venues will operate at full capacity (100%) from 1st May 2022.
Health Minister Mr. Thanos Plevris mentioned again that the measures will be temporarily in effect, during the summer season and will be reconsidered on 1st September 2022.